The desktop version of TicketMaven, which was first developed in 2005, is no longer in active feature development. Bug fixes may still be made available as needed.
- Version 1.4.11 is the latest release and runs on Java 8. Due to changes in the licensing of Java, using Java 8 may not be possible in a few years due to availability and/or security issues.
- Version 1.5 contains the same functionality as version 1.4.11, but has been updated to include an embedded version of Java that is unencumbered by the licensing issues. No customers currently have access to version 1.5. If and when it becomes impossible to use Java 8, version 1.5 will be made available with a newer Java version included.
- Version 1.5 (Lite) is an open source version of 1.5, released under the GPL. It is the same as 1.5, but cannot print tickets and can only run one of the reports.
There is a web version of TicketMaven in development. The web version will be similar in functionality to the desktop version, but will also allow for any number of administrative users (social directors) and for end customers to log in and request their own tickets (and print them).
Given the limited and targeted customer base, I do not think it is economically feasible to host TicketMaven servers and sell access to it.
Therefore, the web version will be open source and freely available.
If there are communities with residents who are technically knowledgeable enough to manage a private web server, then they might be good candidates to run the web version and I'd be glad to be involved (once the software is ready). If there are residents who are capable of contributing to the project development that would be welcome too. The project is currently written in Java with JSF as the UI and running on JBoss. For a single community, it could run on a single spare PC or even a raspberry pi.
If there isn't any interest, then writing the web version will just be something enjoyable to do.
The source for the web version is at https://github.com/mikeberger/tmee
TicketMaven 1.5 contains the following changes:
- Embedded Java. The installer contains an embedded version of Java 11 or later. The end user is no longer required to have a public version of Java installed on their machines.
- 3pp Updates - the third-party software used in TicketMaven will be updated to the latest versions, including the reporting system and database software.
- The problem of missing log messages is fixed.
- Errors during import will be properly shown
- Warn when the user tries to erase quality totals while there are active tickets for future shows
- Fix an issue where undoing a lottery could make quality totals go negative
TicketMaven 1.5 will be made available if/when customers cannot use the publicly available Java 8 JRE.
Page 1 of 4